Opening with Proliance Surgeons Orthopedic Physicians Associates
Job Role: Clinical
Job Type: Full Time
The primary role of the Assistant to Physician is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence.
- Assist physicians with patients seen in office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take history for new patients
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone, screening appointments
- Preview physician’s schedule and troubleshoot as needed
- Patients surgery and test scheduling
- Pre and post-operative patient education
- Post-operative follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Organize physician mail, etc., as needed
- Process test results
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Assist as directed by Physician/Supervisor/Administrator/Director
- Assist other Medical Assistants as needed
- Backup to cast technician
- Must follow all polices as outlined in Employee Handbook
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Degree/current certification as an RN, LPN, ATC or MA (we will facilitate MA-R)
- 2+ years in an outpatient clinic setting (orthopedic desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of orthopedics and trauma (desired)
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in an office hospital and surgical environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of surgical instruments, and computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19?
Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Proliance Surgeons Orthopedic Physicians Associates
601 Broadway 6th Floor
Seattle, WA 98122-5330