Arthritis is a pervasive condition that affects over 54 million adults in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This condition causes pain, discomfort, and mobility issues that can drastically affect one’s daily life.
In Sammamish, WA, many residents are part of this statistic, grappling with the debilitating effects of arthritis and seeking effective solutions to regain their quality of life.
At OPA Orthopedics, we understand the profound impact arthritis can have on your life. That’s why we’re committed to providing top-tier arthritis treatment services in Sammamish. We believe everyone deserves to live a life free from constant arthritis pain and discomfort.
Our team of dedicated professionals is here to help you navigate your arthritis journey. We offer a comprehensive range of services, from diagnosis to personalized treatment plans, designed to address your unique needs and circumstances.
At OPA Orthopedics, we’re not just treating arthritis – we’re helping you reclaim your life.
Symptoms of Arthritis in Sammamish, WA
Arthritis can present itself in various ways, and understanding its symptoms is the first step toward effective treatment. Common symptoms associated with arthritis include:
- Swelling or inflammation around joints
- Persistent joint pain
- Redness or warmth near a painful joint
- Mobility issues due to joint problems
- Muscle weakness or wasting
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s crucial to seek professional medical advice. At OPA Orthopedics, we offer comprehensive diagnostic services to help determine if you’re suffering from arthritis.
Our team will conduct a thorough evaluation of your symptoms and health history to provide an accurate diagnosis.
Remember, early detection and treatment of arthritis can significantly improve your quality of life and slow the progression of the disease. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms listed above.
Types of Arthritis
Arthritis is not a single disease but a term encompassing over 100 conditions. Each type of arthritis can affect individuals differently and may require unique treatment approaches. Some of the most common types of arthritis include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: An autoimmune disease causing inflammation of the joints.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Associated with the skin condition psoriasis, it causes joint pain and swelling.
- Osteoarthritis: The most common form of arthritis, it’s caused by wear and tear on the joints over time.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: A type of arthritis that primarily affects the spine.
Understanding the type of arthritis you have is crucial in determining the most effective treatment plan. At OPA Orthopedics, we’re equipped to diagnose and treat a wide range of arthritis types, providing personalized care for each patient’s unique needs.
Complications from Arthritis
Arthritis, primarily a joint disease, can lead to complications beyond joint pain and stiffness. These complications can vary in severity and may not be experienced by all individuals with arthritis. Here are some potential complications:
- Joint Damage: Over time, arthritis can cause damage to the bones, cartilage, and tendons within the joints, leading to deformities.
- Persistent Pain: Chronic pain is a common complication of arthritis, which can be debilitating and significantly impact the quality of life.
- Mobility Issues: The arthritis pain and joint damage from this condition can result in difficulties with movement, including walking and extending limbs.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Certain types of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, have been linked to an increased risk of cardiovascular events.
Arthritis Treatment in Sammamish, WA
Arthritis treatment can take many forms, depending on the type and severity of the condition. At OPA Orthopedics, we offer a wide range of treatments to address the symptoms and underlying causes of arthritis.
For specific types of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis, we may recommend treatments like anti-inflammatory medications or Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs (DMARDs) to reduce pain in the affected joints.
For osteoarthritis, particularly in the knees, treatments can range from pain management strategies and physical therapy to joint replacement surgery.
In addition to medical interventions, lifestyle changes can play a significant role in managing arthritis. The holistic approach can include weight loss, regular exercise, and a balanced diet can all help reduce the strain on your joints and alleviate arthritis symptoms.
At OPA Orthopedics, we’re committed to providing comprehensive arthritis care. We offer everything from regenerative therapies to joint repair and replacement procedures.
We aim to help with not just the symptoms but the source of discomfort, providing a full range of treatments to meet your needs.
If you’re seeking help to treat arthritis in Sammamish, WA, contact us at OPA Orthopedics. Our dedicated team offers a variety of treatments and regenerative therapies for all types of arthritis.
Don’t let arthritis control your life.
Contact OPA Orthopedics today for effective, personalized care. Call us at (206) 309-4762. We’re here to help you manage your arthritis and improve your quality of life.