Whenever patients look for a cost-efficient and high-quality arthritis treatment in Redmond, they call our licensed clinicians at OPA Ortho. We are a leading provider of psoriatic and rheumatoid arthritis treatment in Redmond, Seattle, and many other areas across Washington. As an arthritis treatment center, our medical professionals earn hundreds of five-star reviews from a growing list of satisfied clients, certifying us as one of the most patient-centric healthcare facilities in the Pacific Northwest.
Contact our clinicians if you want to learn about your arthritis treatment options. Our comprehensive diagnostics equipment and state-of-the-art non-surgical technologies enable us to make life fun, involving, and active again for thousands of patients living silently with arthritis pain.
Signs You Need Arthritis Treatment in Redmond, WA
Research from the CDC indicates that over 58.5 million Americans have arthritis, comprising about one in four adult men and women domestically. The likelihood of developing arthritis increases as people age, with researchers estimating that over 78.4 million Americans will develop it before 2040. The prevalence of arthritis is highest among aging patients with little to no physical activity, although 15.4% of people who contract it have otherwise excellent health.
Thousands of patients live with arthritis silently and only seek treatment from medical professionals when their condition becomes unbearable. With advancements in blood testing, X-rays, and physical examinations, diagnosing and treating arthritis has become cost-efficient for healthcare providers like OPA Ortho.
Contact an arthritis treatment doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Swelling around your joints
- Stiffness and tenderness in your knees, wrists, or fingers after waking up or in periods of inactivity
- Frequent fevers
- Reduced appetite
- Decreased range of motion
- Aches and pains
Over 100 types of arthritis are present in the United States, but most patients fall into four categories:
- Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease affecting more than 32 million Americans. It causes joint tissues to deteriorate and bones to rub against each other.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory and autoimmune disease that affects around 1.3 million Americans. Antibodies attack healthy joint tissues in the knees, wrists, and hands by mistake, causing chronic pain and long-term inflammation.
- Fibromyalgia causes non-specific tenderness and pain to spread throughout the body. It produces fatigue, migraines, sleep problems, and depression for around 4 million Americans.
- Over 7.5 million Americans require psoriatic arthritis treatment, as it causes chronic lower back pain, swollen toes and fingers, and eye inflammation.
Complications That Might Develop if You Don’t Get Hand or Knee Arthritis Treatment
Arthritis is now the number one source of disability in the United States, and our clinicians work hard to minimize its impact on our patients. Since arthritis makes moving around challenging, it could reduce your physical and social activity, leading to a less healthy lifestyle. Here are the most prevalent complications our clinicians see in patients.
Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis are more prevalent in women than in men. Medication for rheumatoid arthritis might make bones more prone to chipping, denting, and fracturing. According to Nature, 27.6% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis develop osteoporosis.
Some medications for arthritis may reduce immune system performance. Most patients have to supplement healthy lifestyles with vaccinations for pneumonia, influenza, COVID, and shingles.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Most patients who visit our clinic seeking knee or hand arthritis treatment have carpal tunnel syndrome, which inflames nerves near joints.
Higher Body Fat Content
Patients who do not receive arthritis treatment in Redmond can no longer exercise regularly and often develop a higher proportion of body fat to lean mass. According to the CDC, 27.7% of arthritis patients are on the obesity spectrum.
Heart and Lung Problems
Patients with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis have a higher risk of developing blocked and hardened arteries, causing various cardiovascular disorders.
Arthritis Treatment in Redmond, WA
At OPA Ortho, our clinicians offer a comprehensive range of arthritis treatments that can serve patients from all age groups and hereditary backgrounds. Whether your arthritis was inherited or caused by lifestyle habits, we can help you manage and prevent it from worsening. Your treatment options might include one or a combination of the following:
- Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs or DMARDs
- Painkillers with minimal side effects
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines
- Joint fusion, repair, or replacement
- Biological response modifiers
- And more
Contact our clinicians at OPA Ortho by calling 206-309-4762, and find the arthritis treatment in Redmond that is right for you. We might ask for a valid insurance card, referral authorization, and previous medical records on your first consultation.