The spine is one of the most important command centers of your entire body. Connecting a majority of the torso to the brain, the spine is essential in everyday life. Back pain is the most frequently reported type of pain on average.
Due to its complex nature, you should absolutely not ignore back pain or injury. More serious spine conditions can be eased or prevented with proper care. If you notice back discomfort or pain, please contact OPA Ortho today.
Common Spine Conditions in Bellevue
Different spine conditions have varying levels of intensity. In order to properly recommend a treatment plan, your unique conditions must be determined.
Typical spine conditions in Bellevue include:
- Arthritis. Arthritis in the back is caused by inflammation in the joints. It can be due to daily use, injury, infection, etc.
- Cervical myelopathy. Located in the neck, this condition occurs when the neck section of the spinal cord becomes overly compressed. It can result in neck pain, stiffness, or trouble with motor skills.
- Herniated discs. Also called a slipped disc, a herniated disc is when the cushioning tissue between spinal bones becomes dislodged. Pain, stiffness, or an inability to bend over properly are signs of a herniated disc.
- Osteoporosis. Not limited to the spine, osteoporosis is a weakening of the bones. This spine condition can affect the entire body’s ability to move.
- Sciatica. Usually a short-term spine condition, sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve is constricted. The sciatic nerve connects your feet to your spine and is the largest nerve.
- Stenosis. If your lower back becomes more narrow, it will constrict nerves and muscles, causing discomfort or pain.
Symptoms of Spine Conditions
It is very important to schedule an appointment with back pain specialists in Bellevue if you experience any symptoms, no matter how small. Many back and neck conditions share similar symptoms; only a professional can determine your medical needs.
Please call OPA Ortho right away if you notice any of the following:
- Recurring lower back discomfort or pain
- Chronic back pain in any location
- Sciatica (feels like a pinched nerve)
- General pinched feelings
- Inhibited movement
Causes of Spine Conditions in Bellevue
The spine can be irritated or injured for a number of reasons because it is so often used and connected to most parts of the body.
Some of the most common causes of back and neck conditions are:
- Muscle overuse
- Sudden twisting of the back
- Poor sleep posture or low-quality mattress
- Intense exercise
- Injury from an accident
This is not an exhaustive list. Rather than the cause, it is important to pay attention to how your body feels.
Taking good care of your back will radiate throughout the rest of your body and enable you to live a healthier life. Contact OPA Ortho today for local neck and back pain relief in Bellevue.
We Are Local:
Seattle | Bellevue | Burien | Shoreline | Poulsbo | Sammamish | Renton | Kirkland | Redmond | Issaquah | West Seattle
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT SPINE CONDITIONS AT OPA
- Steven J. Anderson, M.D. (non-operative)
- Brian K. Snitily, M.D. (non-operative)
- Carrie K. Wilcox, M.D. (non-operative)
- Eva Young, M.D.
- Back / neck pain
- Cervical myelopathy
- Compression fractures of the spine VIDEO ►
- Degenerative disc disease VIDEO ►
- Facet joint arthritis
- Herniated discs VIDEO ►
- Lumbar radiculopathy
- Neck fractures
- Osteoporosis VIDEO ►
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint pain
- Sciatica VIDEO ►
- Scoliosis (over the age of 18) VIDEO ►
- Spondylolisthesis VIDEO ►
- Sprains & strains for the neck/spine
- Stenosis (of all kinds) VIDEO ►
- Treatment for lower back pain
- Vertebral compression fracture
- Cervical epidural steroid injections
- Cervical facet joint injections
- Cervical medial branch nerve ablations
- Dry needling
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar facet joint injections
- Lumbar medial branch nerve ablations
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA’s)
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint epidural steroid injections
- Trigger point injections