Redmond Knee Conditions & Treatments
Knee conditions are extremely common in people of all ages from all walks of life and occupations. Knee pain conditions may be experienced due to a number of different causes such as ruptured ligaments or chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Continue reading to learn more about the various types of knee pain treatments available to Redmond residents or get in touch with OPA Ortho to speak with an orthopedic specialist today.
Orthopedic Conditions Of the Knee Redmond
What are common knee pain causes?
If you have not been diagnosed with any sort of knee condition, there are various types of knee conditions that might be responsible for your knee pain.
These conditions include:
- Kneecap fractures. Fractures occurring to bones in the knee can occur quite easily due to falling, a collision, or an accident.
- ACL injury. Your ACL is a ligament that connects your shinbone and thighbone. When the ACL is injured or torn (as is especially likely for athletes) you will suffer knee pain.
- Dislocated kneecap. Displacing your kneecap can be extremely painful and activity-limiting. In some cases, you may even be able to see the dislocated kneecap.
- Arthritis. There are many different types of arthritis that could affect the knee including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and septic arthritis.
- Loose body. Another condition that could affect the knee joint is suffering from a loose body. Loose bodies occur when a small fragment of bone or cartilage becomes disconnected and trapped in the knee joint. Loose bodies may cause pain, a catching sensation in the joint, and limited mobility.
Best Treatments For Knee Pain Redmond
Knee pain relief may take on many different forms depending on what knee condition you are suffering from.
It’s always best to consult an orthopedic specialist to discover what is wrong with your knee before seeking out treatments. An orthopedic specialist understands the various conditions that a knee might develop as well as the ideal treatment options for each condition.
There are various types of knee treatments such as:
- Knee treatments without surgery, including physical therapy, knee braces, low-impact exercise, etc.).
- Sprained knee treatments, including cold therapy to reduce swelling, rest, and compression.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce inflammation in the knee joint.
When To See a Doctor For Knee Joint Conditions
When should you consider seeing a doctor for your knee conditions? If your knee condition is significantly impacting your quality of life (as is the case with painful conditions) or your ability to work, you should schedule an appointment to see an orthopedic specialist immediately.
If ignored, knee joint conditions can worsen and cause lasting damage to your knee joint. To mitigate the risk of lasting damage to your knee or mobility, you should always seek out professional care and assistance for knee joint conditions and knee pain.
Knee Conditions & Treatments Redmond Clinic
Get in touch with OPA Ortho today to schedule an appointment with a knee conditions and treatment specialist.
At OPA Ortho, we specialize in diagnosing and treating knee conditions that Redmond residents suffer from. Our goal is to help all Redmond residents experience greater life satisfaction and decreased discomfort through understanding their body’s needs more and treating any issues.
To schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic specialists, get in touch with OPA Ortho’s knee condition and treatments clinic in Redmond today.
We Are Local:
Knee Conditions Treatment Bellevue | Knee Conditions Treatment Redmond | Knee Conditions Treatment Shoreline | Knee Conditions Treatment Kirkland | Knee Conditions Treatment Seattle
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT KNEE CONDITIONS AT OPA
- Frederick B. Lee, M.D.
- Laura J. Matsen Ko, M.D.
- Brian F. Mayeda, M.D.
- Michael K. McAdam, M.D.
- Brian K. Snitily, M.D.
- Sean D. Toomey, M.D.
- Carrie K. Wilcox, M.D.
- Jason J. Wilcox, M.D.
- MAKOplasty: Robotically assisted knee replacement VIDEO ►
- Partial knee replacement VIDEO ►
- Revision total knee VIDEO ►
- Total knee replacement VIDEO ►
Minimally Invasive Knee Treatments