At OPA Ortho, we understand the profound impact that hip conditions can have on individuals’ lives. According to statistics, at least 300,000 elderly Americans are hospitalized due to hip fractures annually, and around 14.3% of the adult population in the US suffers from chronic hip pain.
These conditions can significantly diminish the quality of life, leading to pain, immobility, and distress. If you or a loved one are experiencing hip-related issues in Des Moines, WA, don’t let them hold you back.
Contact us at OPA Ortho today, and let our expert team help you regain your mobility and enhance your life.
Symptoms of Hip Conditions
At OPA Ortho, we believe early recognition of symptoms is crucial for effective treatment. If you’re experiencing discomfort in your hip, you must be aware of the common signs that may indicate a hip condition. Here’s what to look out for:
Recognizing the Signs
- Chronic Joint pain
- Limited range of motion
- Swollen hip joint
- Increased pain with activity
- Difficulty walking
Causes of a Broken Hip
At OPA Ortho, we often encounter patients who have sustained a broken hip for various reasons. Common causes include accidents, falls, or excessively weak bones.
A broken hip is typically easier to identify as the symptoms are almost immediate, manifesting as swelling or sharp severe hip pain in the affected area.
If you’ve experienced a sudden impact on your hip and are noticing these symptoms, it’s vital to seek professional medical attention immediately.
Hip Disorders Diagnosis at OPA Ortho
At OPA Ortho, we specialize in diagnosing various hip disorders that affect the residents of Des Moines. Our comprehensive approach ensures we identify the underlying issue and provide targeted treatment. Here are some common hip conditions we frequently diagnose:
Common Hip Conditions Des Moines
- A deep bruise or damage to the soft tissues after an impact or fall
- Symptoms may include localized pain around the hip joints, swelling, and tenderness
- Treatment often involves rest, ice, and physical therapy
- Inflammation of the bursa, fluid-filled sacs that prevent soft tissues from rubbing against each other
- Causes irritation and friction, leading to pain and stiffness
- Treatment may include anti-inflammatory medications, injections, and exercises
- Various types, such as rheumatoid, traumatic, etc., affect the hip joint
- It can cause pain, swelling, and reduced mobility in the hip
- Treatment options range from medication and physical therapy to surgical interventions, such as joint replacement surgery or a total hip replacement.
- Occurs when there is insufficient blood supply to the hip joint, leading to bone loss
- The joint may begin to break down, causing pain and limited movement
- Treatment may involve medication, lifestyle changes, or hip surgery, depending on the severity
- Occurs when the hip joint is forced out of its socket
- Symptoms may include severe pain, swelling, and difficulty walking
- Treatment usually involves repositioning the hip joint, medications to reduce inflammation, physical therapy exercises and lifestyle modifications
How OPA Ortho Identifies Hip Problems
If you believe it’s time to seek a hip disorders diagnosis, our team at OPA Ortho is here to help. We’ll begin by asking about your medical history and conducting a physical test to assess swelling and range of motion.
After our initial evaluations, we may need further diagnostic imaging to identify your specific hip conditions. Some of the tools we use include:
- MRI Scans: For detailed images of the hip joint and tissues.
- Ultrasounds: To visualize soft tissues like muscles and tendons.
- X-rays: To view bones and identify fractures or alignment issues.
- EMGs: To evaluate muscle health and nerve cell function.
Our goal at OPA Ortho is to provide accurate diagnoses and personalized treatment plans tailored to your needs.
Treatment Options for Hip Problems at OPA Ortho
Hip Replacement Surgery
- Anterior or Posterior Replacement: Depending on the specific condition and needs, we may perform an anterior or posterior hip replacement to replace damaged parts with prosthetic components.
- Minimally Invasive Examination: A procedure that allows us to examine the hip joint and surrounding tissues through a small incision, using a camera to identify abnormalities and guide treatment.
- Healing Soft Tissue: Our doctors may use therapeutic injections to promote faster healing of the soft tissue in the hip, reducing inflammation and pain.
Physical Therapy Exercises and “Homework”
- Strength Recovery and Home Exercises: An integral part of treatment, focusing on regaining strength through guided exercises and personalized “homework” to continue progress at home.
Why Choose OPA Ortho in Des Moines
At OPA Ortho in Des Moines, we pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence and patient-centered care. Our reputation is built on expertise, community trust, and specialized treatment plans that prioritize your well-being. Here’s why choosing us makes a difference:
Expertise and Community Trust
- Serving Des Moines and Surrounding Areas: Our presence in the community reflects our dedication to providing top-notch care to our neighbors.
- High Patient Satisfaction and Recommendations: Our patients’ satisfaction is our success, and their recommendations are a testament to our quality care.
Specialized Treatment Plans
- Tailored to Individual Needs: We create treatment plans for each patient’s unique condition and goals.
- Focus on Successful Recovery: Our emphasis on recovery ensures that we use the best practices and techniques to help you regain strength and mobility.
Schedule an Orthopedics Appointment Today
Take the first step towards taking control of your joint injuries and hip conditions by scheduling an appointment with hip specialists at OPA Ortho today.
Our dedicated team in Des Moines is here to provide the professional help you need to restore your hip health and improve your quality of life. Contact us to discuss your symptoms and treatment options, and don’t let hip pain hold you back.
Your well-being is our priority, and we invite you to contact OPA Ortho to embark on a path to recovery. Our expert team is committed to helping you regain mobility and live pain-free.
We Are Local:
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements