Having a functional hip is essential in everyday life. The hip joint and hip strength are pivotal in allowing Seattle residents pain-free mobility.
In case you are new to the way the hip functions, here’s a brief rundown for you. The hip joint consists of the femur and the pelvis. The joint is a ball and socket joint which allows individuals a lot of mobility. If any part of the hip is injured, Seattle residents might find themselves struggling with basic movement or even be suffering severe pain.
Since hips are essential to mobility, it’s important that we take good care of them. This means that if you are struggling with hip pain or mobility problems, you schedule an appointment to see an orthopedic specialist as soon as possible.
Here at OPA Ortho in Seattle, we offer hip treatments and replacements so that you can live a pain-free, active life. Contact OPA Ortho in Seattle to schedule your first consultation with an orthopedic specialist.
Common Hip Conditions Seattle Residents Face
The hip can suffer from a variety of different conditions. Some of the most common hip conditions include:
- Arthritis: there are three types of arthritis that may affect the hip joint; osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or traumatic arthritis. Each of these affects a different aspect of the tissue and cartilage in the hip joint but the thing they all share is that they are very painful.
- Bursitis: if you suffer from hip pain or stiffness, you could have bursitis. This hip condition occurs when the bursa becomes inflamed or irritated due to tissue friction.
- Avascular necrosis: this condition is essentially the breaking down of the hip joint which is caused by bone loss. Bone loss occurs when there is an insufficient amount of blood sent to the hip or due to injury.
- Hip pointer: this is essentially a deep bruise to the hip bone and is usually caused by trauma. If you fall or are struck hard on the hip you may suffer a hip pointer.
Hip Condition Treatments in Seattle
If you are suffering from a hip condition and looking for a Seattle orthopedic specialist, contact OPA Ortho today. Here at OPA Ortho, we offer a variety of hip treatments including:
- Total hip replacements: at OPA Ortho, our team of skilled doctors can make revisions to already existing hip replacements, or do anterior/posterior hip replacements.
- Hip arthroscopy: this is a minimally invasive procedure that allows orthopedic doctors to view the hip through a small incision in order to assess your hip condition.
Common Symptoms of Hip Conditions
Here are common symptoms of hip conditions. If you experience any of these on a regular basis, contact OPA Ortho in Seattle to schedule an appointment. Our orthopedic specialists will be able to accurately diagnose your hip condition and help you find the best treatment approach.
Symptoms of hip conditions include:
- Chronic hip pain
- Inability to place weight on the hip
- Limited mobility
Schedule an Appointment With a Seattle Orthopedic Doctor
Here at OPA Ortho, we take the health of our patients very seriously. We know that in order to enjoy a full, active, and pain-free life, the entire body must be well. Whether you have just been in an accident or you have struggled with chronic hip pain for years, give our Seattle clinic a call. Our Seattle clinic is outfitted with knowledgeable staff, empathetic orthopedic doctors, and the equipment needed to diagnose and treat your hip condition.
Don’t suffer through the pain any longer, contact OPA Ortho today to start restoring your health.
We Are Local:
Hip Conditions Treatments Kirkland | Hip Conditions Treatments Redmond | Hip Conditions Treatments Renton | Hip Conditions Treatments Seattle | Hip Conditions Treatments Bellevue
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT HIP CONDITIONS AT OPA
- Brian F. Mayeda, M.D.
- Brian K. Snitily, M.D.
- Sean D. Toomey, M.D.
- Carrie K. Wilcox, M.D.
- Jason J. Wilcox, M.D.
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements