The hip joint is critical to your body’s mobility. The hip joint is what allows you to walk, run, jump, get up, sit down, and more. Because of its key role, problems in the hip can result in conditions that spread pain to other parts of the body. For example, an injured hip can result in lower back pain or groin pain.
If you are suffering from hip pain and are looking for hip treatments in Kirkland, contact OPA Ortho today. We provide Kirkland residents with comprehensive evaluation and treatment for hip conditions.
From minimally invasive hip treatments, like hip arthroscopies or therapeutic injections, to total hip replacements, our doctors have the expertise and state-of-the-art technology necessary to diagnose and treat your hip condition. To schedule an appointment with one of our Kirkland hip doctors, please contact OPA Ortho today.
Common Hip Conditions in Kirkland
We treat a lot of hip conditions at our orthopedic clinic in Kirkland. Two of the most common hip conditions include:
- Bursitis. Your bursae are small sacs of fluid that cushion the bones and tendons in your hip joint. These cushions can become inflamed, creating a condition called bursitis. Symptoms of this hip condition include achy or stiff joints, red inflammation or swelling around your hip, and pain when you touch or move your hip.
- Arthritis. A frequent source of hip pain, arthritis is a progressive disorder that increases in pain over time. There are five main kinds of arthritis that plague hip joints. These include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and psoriatic arthritis.
How to Know if You Have a Hip Condition
Hip condition symptoms have a lot of overlap, with many conditions producing the same kinds of symptoms. This is why it is important to make an appointment with a hip treatment specialist in Kirkland. An expert orthopedic doctor, like those here at OPA Ortho, will be able to diagnose the source of your hip pain and develop a treatment plan tailored to your unique situation.
Schedule an appointment with an orthopedic doctor in Kirkland if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Regular pain in your hip joint, including pain in your lower back, groin, buttocks, or outer thigh
- Stiffness in your hip
- Difficulty walking or walking with a limp
- A swollen or painful-to-touch hip joint
- Hip pain that worsens with extended activity
- A limited range of motion
Hip Condition Treatments in Kirkland
If you suffer from any of the above symptoms, or any other unpleasant feeling in your hip, schedule an appointment with the hip specialists here at OPA Ortho. We have an expert team of ten doctors who treat hip conditions in Kirkland. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Total hip replacement (anterior)
- Total hip replacement (posterior)
- MAKOplasty robotically-assisted surgery
- Revision of previous hip replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Therapeutic Injections
Hip conditions and pain don’t need to be permanent. With proper care and therapy, we can help you recover or reduce your discomfort. Contact OPA Ortho today to learn more about the treatments we offer and how we can help you recover confidence in your hip.
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements