Your hip joint is one of the most important joints in your body. This is because your hip is key to mobility, enabling you to sit, stand, walk, jump, run, and more. Thanks to this pivotal position in your body, hip conditions can severely affect your quality of life, limiting your range of motion and spreading pain throughout your body.
The first step to combating hip pain is to get your condition properly diagnosed by a hip specialist in Redmond. If you are suffering from hip pain, schedule an appointment with one of the orthopedic doctors here at OPA Ortho today.
Our Redmond hip specialists can provide minimally invasive hip treatments, like therapeutic injections or hip arthroscopies, or, if necessary, we can also do total hip replacements and robot-assisted MAKOplasties. Whatever your hip condition, OPA Ortho has the technology and expertise necessary to identify and treat your hip pain. Schedule an appointment with one of our Redmond hip doctors today.
Common Hip Conditions in Redmond
Our Redmond hip specialists diagnose and treat a wide variety of hip conditions. Two of the most common hip conditions we encounter are:
- Arthritis. A frequent source of hip pain for Redmond residents, arthritis is an progressive joint inflammation and increases in pain over time. Unfortunately, there is no cure for arthritis, but with the proper care, our hip specialists can drastically reduce your pain and help you regain a full range of motion. There are five different types of arthritis and treatment depends on which kind you have.
- Bursitis. The bursae or tiny fluid-filled sacs in your hip. These sacs help cushion bones and tendons and improve mobility. If the bursae become inflamed, a painful condition called bursitis is created. Symptoms of bursitis range from a stiff hip to severe pain or swelling.
Hip Condition Symptoms
Because the hip contains such a volume of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones, most hip conditions produce similar symptoms. As a result, it can be difficult to pinpoint the condition based only on symptoms. So while symptoms can indicate that a hip condition is present, it takes the expertise of a Redmond hip specialist to identify the exact cause.
Schedule an appointment with one of OPA Ortho’s orthopedic doctors if you have any of the following symptoms:
- A swollen hip joint that is painful to touch
- Limited range of motion or stiffness in your hip
- A catching sensation in the hip joint
- Inability to walk without a limp
- Pain that increases with prolonged activity
Hip Treatments in Redmond
If you are suffering from pain or discomfort in your hip, then schedule a check-up with one of our Redmond hip specialists. OPA Ortho’s expert team of ten orthopedic doctors is standing by to diagnose your condition and develop a personalized recovery plan to help you get back on your feet.
Our hip treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Therapeutic Injections
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Total hip replacement (posterior)
- Total hip replacement (anterior)
- Revision of previous hip replacement
- MAKOplasty robotically-assisted surgery
With the proper treatment, surgery, or therapy, your hip pain can be alleviated. Contact OPA Ortho today to schedule an appointment and start your journey back to a full range of pain-free motion.
We Are Local:
Hip Conditions Treatments Kirkland | Hip Conditions Treatments Redmond | Hip Conditions Treatments Renton | Hip Conditions Treatments Seattle | Hip Conditions Treatments Bellevue
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT HIP CONDITIONS AT OPA
- Brian F. Mayeda, M.D.
- Brian K. Snitily, M.D.
- Sean D. Toomey, M.D.
- Carrie K. Wilcox, M.D.
- Jason J. Wilcox, M.D.
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements