Suspect that you might be suffering from a hip condition? Never fear! With the help of an orthopedic specialist, you can experience effective treatments and get back on the road to health.
Here at OPA Ortho in Bellevue, we offer a wide range of hip treatments to help you improve your health dramatically.
Why Are Hip Conditions So Painful?
The hip joint is known as a ball and socket joint, with a rounded head fit into the hip socket. The hip consists of the femur and pelvis and has a layer of cartilage covering the femoral head to enable smoother movement.
The hip joint allows individuals to move with a wide range of motion. Due to its critical and central role to human movement, if the hip is injured, it can cause a lot of pain, both in the hip and the rest of the body.
Common Hip Conditions Bellevue Residents Face
Due to the complexity and heavy usage of the hip, there are a number of hip conditions that an individual may face. Some of the most common hip conditions that we encounter at our Bellevue clinic are:
- Arthritis: all joints in the body can suffer from arthritis and the hip is no exception. Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that causes stiffness and pain in the hip joint.
- Hip impingement: this hip condition occurs when the ball of the hip pinches the acetabulum. The results are stiffness and limited mobility and it’s believed that hip impingement can lead to arthritis.
- Labral tear: the cartilage surrounding your hip socket is known as the labrum. When the labrum suffers a tear you will find mobility difficult, stiffness in the joint, or a catching sensation in the hip joint.
What Hip Treatments are Available in Bellevue?
You’re in luck! If you suffer from a hip condition, OPA Ortho has a Bellevue clinic staffed with qualified doctors who are ready to help you.
Some of the hip treatments we can help you with are:
- Hip condition diagnosis: we have the equipment needed to give you an accurate and thorough diagnosis of your condition.
- Partial or total hip replacement
- Hip revisions to previous hip replacements
- Hip arthroscopy: this is a minimally invasive procedure used to diagnose hip conditions.
- Hip injections: this usually involves injecting platelet-rich plasma into the hip to encourage tissue regeneration and faster healing.
Common Symptoms of Hip Conditions
Listen to your body, if you experience any of these symptoms, contact OPA Ortho to schedule an appointment. It’s important to diagnose early on so that you don’t let problems fester and worsen. Common symptoms of hip conditions are:
- Chronic pain
- Catching sensation in the hip joint
- Difficulty walking
- Inability to place weight on the hip
Injuries That Could Result in Hip Conditions
Hip condition causes are not always easy to identify. Your hip condition might be the result of an injury or accident, or it could be a gradual onset condition (like arthritis). Traumatic injuries (such as athletic injuries, violent trauma, car collisions, or falls could all result in a hip injury.
Schedule an Appointment With a Bellevue Orthopedic Doctor
Hip conditions don’t have to be permanent. With the right help and therapy, you can decrease your pain and experience recovery of hip function.
Here at OPA Ortho in Bellevue, our specialized orthopedic doctors have spent years helping people just like you recover from their hip conditions. Contact us today to learn more about the treatments we offer.
We Are Local:
Hip Conditions Treatments Kirkland | Hip Conditions Treatments Redmond | Hip Conditions Treatments Renton | Hip Conditions Treatments Seattle | Hip Conditions Treatments Bellevue
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT HIP CONDITIONS AT OPA
- Brian F. Mayeda, M.D.
- Brian K. Snitily, M.D.
- Sean D. Toomey, M.D.
- Carrie K. Wilcox, M.D.
- Jason J. Wilcox, M.D.
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements