The shoulder is a pivotal joint that allows us a huge range of motion throughout our day to day lives. Due to how often it is used, both in hobbies and work, the shoulder is often the victim of various shoulder conditions and injuries.
Countless people experience a shoulder condition that goes undiagnosed and ignored. While you may attempt to power through a seemingly temporary shoulder condition, it’s important to not let your injury fester and instead seek out qualified orthopedic care.
You deserve to have a strong, healthy, and pain-free body. The best way to accomplish this is by listening to your body and getting help when it indicates that something is wrong.
Pain in the shoulder can be an indication of a more serious condition. So if you suspect that you have a shoulder condition and would like to seek out treatments in Des Moines, contact OPA Ortho today.
Shoulder Conditions & Treatment Des Moines
At OPA Ortho, we have a team of orthopedic professionals that deals with shoulder conditions and treatment in Des Moines. We’d be honored to use our services to help you have a healthier and happier body.
Our specialists provide shoulder treatment in Des Moines for a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Wrenched shoulder
- Shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder fracture
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Give our shoulder treatment Des Moines clinic a call to learn more about our orthopedic services.
Common Symptoms Of a Shoulder Condition
If you aren’t sure if what you’re experiencing is a shoulder condition or something else, below is a brief list of some of the most common symptoms of shoulder conditions.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms chronically, give our shoulder conditions and treatment clinic in Des Moines a call today.
- Shoulder stiffness or pain
- Shoulder swelling
- Weakness, numbness, or tingling in the arm
Common Shoulder Treatments
Before we’re able to treat your shoulder condition, we must first diagnose it.
Shoulder conditions are diagnosed using a number of different methods. Depending on your symptoms, you may have to undergo an x-ray, arthroscopy, CT scan, or MRI.
After your shoulder condition has been diagnosed, your orthopedic specialist will recommend treatment options. Some of these shoulder treatment options might be:
- Physical therapy
- Heat or ice therapy
- Medicine to reduce pain or swelling
- At-home exercises.
- Taking a break from physical activities that could be aggravating your shoulder condition
What To Do If You’re Experiencing Shoulder Conditions
Here are six things you should do if you’re experiencing a painful shoulder condition:
- Take a break from sports or exercise that could be exacerbating your shoulder condition.
- See an orthopedic doctor in Des Moines.
- Refrain from lifting heavy objects.
- Put an ice pack or a heating pad on your shoulder.
- Take a hot bath to relax the muscles in your arm and shoulder and relieve the pain.
- Start physical therapy.
Shoulder Pain Treatment Des Moines Iowa
If you are suffering from a shoulder condition, get the help you deserve by visiting a treatment clinic in Des Moines.
Our orthopedic specialists are able to diagnose and treat various shoulder conditions and we’d love to use our skills to set your body right and get you on the fast track to health and bodily wellness.
We Are Local:
Bellevue | Poulsbo | Redmond | Des Moines | Kirkland | Lynnwood | Sammamish | Seattle | Renton
Contact OPA Ortho today to schedule your first appointment with our shoulder conditions and treatments specialist in Des Moines.
PHYSICIANS WHO TREAT SHOULDER CONDITIONS AT OPA
- Richard M. Kirby, M.D.
- Kevin Ko, M.D.
- Michael K. McAdam, M.D.
- Brian K. Snitily, M.D.
- Scott E. Hormel, M.D.
- Carrie K. Wilcox, M.D.
- Jason J. Wilcox, M.D.
- Biceps tendon rupture
- Bursitis and Tendinitis
- Labral tears
- Mid shaft humerus fracture
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Shoulder separation
- Bankart repairs VIDEO ►
- Biceps tendon rupture repair
- Cartilage repair/transplantation
- Clavicle open reduction
- Complex shoulder instability repair
- Partial rotator cuff repair VIDEO ►
- Proximal humerus open reduction
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
- SLAP lesion repair VIDEO ►
- Shoulder fracture surgery
- Shoulder stabilization for dislocation
- Total rotator cuff repair VIDEO ►
- Total shoulder replacement VIDEO ►