According to the CDC, at least 300,000 elderly Americans become hospitalized due to hip fractures annually. And according to a study published by various authors, including Vanita Ahuja in the NLM, around 14.3% of the adult population in the US suffers from chronic hip pain.
The same study mentions that hip pain can lead to poorer quality of life. So, if you suffer from any hip conditions in Burien, do not allow them to hold you back. Contact OPA Ortho to treat your hip condition and improve your quality of life today.
Symptoms of Hip Conditions
Here are common symptoms that indicate you have a hip condition:
- Chronic pain
- Limited range of motion in the hips
- Swollen hip joint
- Extended physical activity increases hip pain
- Difficulty walking
Causes of a Broken Hip
Broken or fractured hips are much easier to identify, as they often occur after an accident, and swelling or sharp pain is almost immediate. The most likely causes of a broken hip include tripping and falling or hitting a surface hip-first.
Sometimes, people with excessively weak bones can sustain a fracture simply by twisting their leg wrong while in a standing position. Broken hips may also happen during a car, workplace, or other accident.
Hip Disorders Diagnosis
The most common hip conditions in Burien, WA, that we see at OPA Ortho include:
- Hip Pointer: After a fall or another type of accident, you may sustain a hip pointer rather than a fractured or broken hip. Hip pointers describe when the soft tissues become damaged by a deep bruise after impact.
- Bursitis: This condition happens when the bursa, which are fluid-filled sacs that prevent the soft tissues near tendons from sliding against one another, are inflamed. This causes the soft tissues to rub against one another, causing further irritation and friction.
- Arthritis: Many types of arthritis, such as rheumatoid, traumatic, etc., may cause pain in the hip joint along with other parts of the body. This condition can affect the tissue and cartilage surrounding the hip socket and joint as well.
- Avascular Necrosis: This condition appears when bone loss in the hip joint occurs, and the joint begins to break down. Bone loss, in turn, usually occurs because there is an insufficient amount of blood in the joint.
How Opa Ortho Identifies Hip Problems
If you believe that it is time for you to seek out a hip disorders diagnosis, our team at OPA Ortho uses various tools and methods to check what your specific problem is. We will first ask about your medical history and perform a physical test where we may feel the area for swelling, move the hip to identify the range of motion, and more.
After we perform our initial evaluations, we may need to conduct further tests with diagnostic imaging to identify what hip conditions you have. Some of the tools we use include:
- MRI scans
Treatment Options for Hip Problems in Burien, WA
After we identify your condition, we will begin treatment. Treatment for hip problems may include:
- Hip Replacement Surgery: We will perform a hip replacement when the hip has sustained excessive damage, and certain parts require replacement by prosthetic components. Your hip replacement may be anterior or posterior.
- Hip Arthroscopy: A hip arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgery that we may perform to take a closer look at the hip, joint, and soft tissues. We will cut an incision close to the hip and insert a camera to look for abnormalities.
- Therapeutic Injections: Our doctors may use therapeutic injections to help the soft tissue of the hip heal faster after injury.
- Physical Therapy Exercises and “Homework”: One of the most integral parts of hip condition treatment is regaining your strength and sometimes pairing treatment with physical therapy. Our doctors may assign you exercises to do at home to help with your recovery process.
Treat Your Pain by Scheduling an Orthopedics Appointment Today
At OPA Ortho, we proudly serve Burien, WA, and the surrounding communities. Diagnosing and treating hip conditions in Burien, WA, is our top priority, as well as promoting the overall health and well-being of our patients. Over 97% of our patients say that they would recommend friends and family to visit our clinics.
We offer specialized treatment plans to all our patients to ensure the highest possibility of a successful recovery. If you’re ready to take control of your hip conditions in Burien, WA, call OPA Ortho at 206-309-4762 today.
We Are Local:
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements