Hip conditions are extremely common, especially as people age. Considering the hips are central for overall mobility, basic care of your hips should be a priority.
The hip is the body’s largest ball-and-socket joint. Since it bears most of the body’s weight, the cartilage cushioning the bones and muscles wears down over time. This means due to accident or old age, the hips can frequently become a source of pain or discomfort for many people.
If you notice any hip pain, please schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Types of Hip Conditions
There are several different types of hip conditions, but four of the most common include the following:
- Arthritis. Since your hips carry most of your weight, the natural usage over time will wear down the hip tissue, resulting in arthritis. Arthritis can also develop from hip fractures or injuries. Arthritis in the hips can be very painful, requiring hip pain treatment.
- Avascular necrosis. Often caused by hip fracture or injury, the hip suffers damage when it does not receive the blood it needs. When there is a lack of blood flow to the hip bone, you may suffer bone loss in the hips, resulting in avascular necrosis.
- Bursitis. A bursa is a fluid-filled pocket near a joint. When you suffer from bursitis, you may experience stiffness, irritation, or hip pain because the pocket has been worn down. Hip bursitis treatment is available.
- Hip pointer. Most commonly caused by a fall or bump, a hip pointer is a serious bruise which extends deep into the muscle or bone itself. A hip pointer can also manifest as a tear in the muscle.
Hip Conditions and Pain Treatment in Poulsbo
OPA Ortho is a local center specializing in treatment for hip conditions and pain. If you experience any of the following symptoms, please contact OPA Ortho in Poulsbo immediately.
- Chronic hip pain or discomfort
- Restricted mobility
- Inability to place weight on hip
OPA Ortho offers a wide variety of hip treatment options, notably hip replacements and arthroscopy.
We provide total hip replacements, anterior or posterior replacements, as well as being able to perform modifications to existing hip treatments.
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive approach to assess your individual hip condition and subsequent hip treatment.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Keeping your body healthy and moving is the key to a happier day-to-day life, and your hips are a central component to this goal.
In Poulsbo, access to hip treatment is made easy. Just make an appointment with our friendly staff today, whether you are looking for help with a recent accident or a long-term pain. Our specialized and compassionate orthopedic doctors will accurately provide diagnoses and hip treatment plans.
Let’s solve the problem together at OPA Ortho. Call today!
We Are Local:
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI and Cam Lesions)
- Hamstring tears
- Labral tears
- Trochanteric Bursitis
Minimally Invasive Hip Treatments
Total Hip Replacements